List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:July 10 2009 5:57am
Subject:Re: question on handler::start_bulk_insert
View as plain text
Hi, Zardosht!

On Jul 09, Zardosht Kasheff wrote:
> Hello Sergei,
>
> Thank you for your reply. However, I have just seen the following
> steps result in a call to handler::start_bulk_insert and
> handler::end_bulk_insert. The the value of rows in start_bulk_insert
> was 1.

Okay. Indeed in 5.1 it's called even for one row. Although the comment
says "We should not start bulk inserts if this statement uses functions
or invokes triggers since they may access to the same table and
therefore should not see its inconsistent state created by this
optimization." It's enough hint for you how to create a test case where
start_bulk_insert wouldn't be called.

In 6.0 start_bulk_insert isn't called for one-row inserts.

Regards / Mit vielen Grüßen,
Sergei

--
question on handler::start_bulk_insertZardosht Kasheff9 Jul