List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jonas Oreland Date:July 3 2009 9:08pm
Subject:Re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)
View as plain text
MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 11:54 PM, Jess Balint<Jess.Balint@stripped> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 07:03:27AM -0700, Brian Aker wrote:
>>> Hi!

>>> Is the conclusion that MRR is just completely broken right now?
>> I don't know about completely, but at least with InnoDB. See:
>> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=45029
>
> But that bug has been closed, so all of these problems have been fixed right?

he he

> With the exception of NDB, I don't understand the point of developing
> a storage-engine enhancement feature that doesn't work with InnoDB.

not that i'm a innodb expert...but given the benefits that has been shown...i find
it very likely that it will be fixed

maybe a new bug is a way forward (subject: MRR/BKA disabled for Innodb)
since this bug (apparently) was about tracking the problems...

/Jonas

Thread
Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)Slava Akhmechet22 Jun
  • Re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)Philip Stoev22 Jun
    • Re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)Brian Aker22 Jun
      • Re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)Jess Balint3 Jul
        • Re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)MARK CALLAGHAN3 Jul
          • Re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)Jonas Oreland3 Jul
    • Re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)Slava Akhmechet22 Jun
  • re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)Michael Widenius27 Jun
  • Re: Debugging a JOIN (custom storage engine)Slava Akhmechet6 Jul