List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Brian Aker Date:July 3 2009 4:46pm
Subject:Re: How to recover from online DDL failure?
View as plain text
Hi!

On Jul 3, 2009, at 8:01 AM, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:

> I think that Drizzle has a (Drizzle only) fix for this in progress.

Yes, no FRM files :)

Though the solution is only perfect for an engine which can handle
recovery/manage its own data dictionary. Only Innodb and Archive can
do this at the moment via the design, but we expect that engines like
PBXT could as well.

I am hoping that the next version of the Innodb embedded engine will
give us a bit more reach into its internal data dictionary. That would
make all of this even simpler (though whether we will have a 1=1
schema matchup will be an issue).

Cheers,
	-Brian
Thread
How to recover from online DDL failure?Yuan Wang3 Jul
  • Re: How to recover from online DDL failure?MARK CALLAGHAN3 Jul
    • Re: How to recover from online DDL failure?Brian Aker3 Jul
      • Re: How to recover from online DDL failure?Ingo Strüwing4 Jul
        • Re: How to recover from online DDL failure?Brian Aker4 Jul