List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tor Didriksen Date:July 2 2009 12:34pm
Subject:Re: [style] [annc] Coding style update
View as plain text
On Thu, 02 Jul 2009 14:18:39 +0200, Guilhem Bichot <guilhem@stripped> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Tor Didriksen a écrit, Le 02.07.2009 08:50:
>> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:53:13 +0200, Konstantin Osipov <kostja@stripped>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> On Friday, 2009-06-26, the group that governs MySQL server coding
>>> style met for the first time, and considered two proposals:
>>>
>>> 1) Removing the switch alignment exception.
>>>    http://lists.mysql.com/internals/36385
>>>
>>> 2) Specifying the function parameter names in declarations.
>>>   http://lists.mysql.com/internals/36404
>>>
>>> Both proposals were accepted by the majority of votes (5 out of 6
>>> on both).
>>>
>>> You can find more details here:
>>>
>>> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Coding_Style
>>>
>>> This change will be effective once the Forge document is updated,
>>> I will write a separate update on that.
>>>
>>> However, in order to do that, I need help:
>>>
>>> 1) Could someone using emacs send me the new formatting options
>>> for emacs to take into account the new switch () style?
>>  I'm getting exactly the new formatting style with the current emacs
>> settings, so nothing needs to be done.
>
> Things work differently for me (recent XEmacs).
> If I copy this from http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Coding_Style:
>   switch (a)
>   {
>   case 1:
>     statement;
>   case 2:
>     {
>       statements;
>     }
>   }
> into sql_show.cc (for example) and press "tab" on each line, I rather get
> switch (a)
>   {
>   case 1:
>     statement;
>   case 2:
>   {
>     statements;
>   }
>   }
> which is bad.
> I'm using exactly verbatim the .emacs section listed in
>
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Internals_Coding_Guidelines#Suggested_mode_in_emacs
> (I checked).
> Does it really work for you?

oops, not quite.
I get

switch (a)
{
case 1:
   statement;
case 2:
{
   statements;
}
}

which is slightly better.
using GNU Emacs 22.3.1

I'll have a look at it.

-- didrik

Thread
[style] [annc] Coding style updateKonstantin Osipov29 Jun
  • re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateMichael Widenius30 Jun
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateKonstantin Osipov30 Jun
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateMichael Widenius30 Jun
        • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateAlex Esterkin1 Jul
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateIngo Strüwing1 Jul
  • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateGuilhem Bichot2 Jul
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
        • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
          • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateGuilhem Bichot2 Jul
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateIngo Strüwing2 Jul
  • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen3 Jul