List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:July 2 2009 12:18pm
Subject:Re: [style] [annc] Coding style update
View as plain text
Hello,

Tor Didriksen a écrit, Le 02.07.2009 08:50:
> On Mon, 29 Jun 2009 09:53:13 +0200, Konstantin Osipov <kostja@stripped>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> On Friday, 2009-06-26, the group that governs MySQL server coding
>> style met for the first time, and considered two proposals:
>>
>> 1) Removing the switch alignment exception.
>>    http://lists.mysql.com/internals/36385
>>
>> 2) Specifying the function parameter names in declarations.
>>   http://lists.mysql.com/internals/36404
>>
>> Both proposals were accepted by the majority of votes (5 out of 6
>> on both).
>>
>> You can find more details here:
>>
>> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Coding_Style
>>
>> This change will be effective once the Forge document is updated,
>> I will write a separate update on that.
>>
>> However, in order to do that, I need help:
>>
>> 1) Could someone using emacs send me the new formatting options
>> for emacs to take into account the new switch () style?
>
> I'm getting exactly the new formatting style with the current emacs
> settings, so nothing needs to be done.

Things work differently for me (recent XEmacs).
If I copy this from http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Coding_Style:
  switch (a)
  {
  case 1:
    statement;
  case 2:
    {
      statements;
    }
  }
into sql_show.cc (for example) and press "tab" on each line, I rather get
switch (a)
  {
  case 1:
    statement;
  case 2:
  {
    statements;
  }
  }
which is bad.
I'm using exactly verbatim the .emacs section listed in
http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Internals_Coding_Guidelines#Suggested_mode_in_emacs
(I checked).
Does it really work for you?
Thread
[style] [annc] Coding style updateKonstantin Osipov29 Jun
  • re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateMichael Widenius30 Jun
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateKonstantin Osipov30 Jun
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateMichael Widenius30 Jun
        • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateAlex Esterkin1 Jul
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateIngo Strüwing1 Jul
  • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateGuilhem Bichot2 Jul
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
        • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
          • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateGuilhem Bichot2 Jul
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateIngo Strüwing2 Jul
  • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen3 Jul