List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Slava Akhmechet Date:July 1 2009 11:57pm
Subject:store_lock (turning off all locks)
View as plain text
Hello,

I would like to place code into the store_lock method of our custom
storage engine to turn off all locking (we manage our own locks, and
don't want MySQL to lock anything on our behalf). At the moment I have
code that looks like this:

THR_LOCK_DATA **ha_edb::store_lock(THD *thd,
                                       THR_LOCK_DATA **to,
                                       enum thr_lock_type lock_type)
{
  return to;
}

Is this correct? I'm not sure if this is the code I need to downgrade
all locks to "no locking".

Also, does MySQL do any internal locking on our behalf? For example,
we can process UPDATE and long SELECT queries concurrently, and we
want to make sure there is nothing in MySQL server that will force
these queries to make it into our engine one at a time.

Regards,
Slava Akhmechet
Thread
store_lock (turning off all locks)Slava Akhmechet2 Jul
  • Re: store_lock (turning off all locks)Konstantin Osipov2 Jul
    • Re: store_lock (turning off all locks)Slava Akhmechet2 Jul
      • Re: store_lock (turning off all locks)Brian Aker2 Jul
      • Re: store_lock (turning off all locks)Davi Arnaut2 Jul