List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:July 1 2009 8:28am
Subject:Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefs
View as plain text
* Alex Esterkin <aesterkin@stripped> [09/07/01 08:10]:
> Have you considered how much extra work and headache a change like
> this will bring to the community?  Evolution of particular features,
> functions, and files will become impossible to trace, numerous partner
> libraries will break, etc.

> Do you also plan on changing class names?  For example, rename THD
> into  Thd, rename sql_exchange into Sql_exchange, etc?

Yes to both questions.

We don't want to screw you up -- but there will be a stream of
changes to the internals of the server, and the changes listed
above look innocent with some tectonic architecture shifts that
may and eventually will happen.

Should I mention that opening the guts of the server to the
community without first making sure they are sufficiently stable
was... a bit premature.

MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen22 Jun
  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl22 Jun
    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius24 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen25 Jun
        • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius27 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl25 Jun
        • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius27 Jun
          • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsJay Pipes27 Jun
          • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen29 Jun
          • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl29 Jun
            • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsKristian Nielsen29 Jun
              • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen30 Jun
                • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl30 Jun
                • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsKristian Nielsen30 Jun
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen1 Jul
                    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsKristian Nielsen1 Jul
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsKonstantin Osipov1 Jul
              • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsKonstantin Osipov1 Jul
                • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsKristian Nielsen2 Jul
  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsKonstantin Osipov22 Jun
    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsRoy Lyseng22 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen23 Jun
        • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl23 Jun
          • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen23 Jun
            • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl23 Jun
              • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius27 Jun
                • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl30 Jun
            • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius24 Jun
              • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen25 Jun
                • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsJonas Oreland25 Jun
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsDavi Arnaut25 Jun
                    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius27 Jun
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius27 Jun
                • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsJay Pipes25 Jun
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl25 Jun
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius27 Jun
                • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius27 Jun
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl30 Jun
              • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMats Kindahl25 Jun
                • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius27 Jun
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsJay Pipes27 Jun
                    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius30 Jun
                  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsJay Pipes27 Jun
                    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsMichael Widenius1 Jul
    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen23 Jun
  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASEtypedefsSergei Golubchik22 Jun
    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen23 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASEtypedefsSergei Golubchik23 Jun
        • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsTor Didriksen23 Jun
  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for deprecation of UPPERCASE typedefsAlex Esterkin1 Jul