List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:June 29 2009 7:53am
Subject:[style] [annc] Coding style update
View as plain text
Hello,

On Friday, 2009-06-26, the group that governs MySQL server coding
style met for the first time, and considered two proposals:

1) Removing the switch alignment exception.
   http://lists.mysql.com/internals/36385

2) Specifying the function parameter names in declarations.
  http://lists.mysql.com/internals/36404

Both proposals were accepted by the majority of votes (5 out of 6
on both).

You can find more details here:

http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Coding_Style

This change will be effective once the Forge document is updated,
I will write a separate update on that.

However, in order to do that, I need help:

1) Could someone using emacs send me the new formatting options
for emacs to take into account the new switch () style?

I will try to handle the task for vim but won't mind a helping
hand here either.

2) The second proposal conflicts with some ctags usage patterns.
I will need to investigate whether it indeed confuses ctags, and
whether this can be avoided.

[style] [annc] Coding style updateKonstantin Osipov29 Jun
  • re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateMichael Widenius30 Jun
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateKonstantin Osipov30 Jun
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateMichael Widenius30 Jun
        • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateAlex Esterkin1 Jul
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateIngo Strüwing1 Jul
  • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
    • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateGuilhem Bichot2 Jul
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
        • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen2 Jul
          • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateGuilhem Bichot2 Jul
      • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateIngo Strüwing2 Jul
  • Re: [style] [annc] Coding style updateTor Didriksen3 Jul