List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:June 25 2009 6:18pm
Subject:feedback/review requested for fix to MySQL bug #45759
View as plain text
Hello,

I am interested to hear feedback on a patch I have submitted for a
feature request, bug #45759 (http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=45759).

This patch notifies the storage engine of when a full index scan is
about to take place (e.g. "select count(*) from foo use_index(a);").
By default (in handler.h), the storage engine does nothing. Individual
storage engines can choose to do whatever they want in this case to
make full index scans faster.

The purpose of this patch is to give storage engines an opportunity to
be aware of full index scans, and in turn, make optimizations should
they choose to.

Thanks
-Zardosht
Thread
feedback/review requested for fix to MySQL bug #45759Zardosht Kasheff25 Jun
  • re: feedback/review requested for fix to MySQL bug #45759Michael Widenius28 Jun
    • Re: feedback/review requested for fix to MySQL bug #45759Zardosht Kasheff28 Jun
      • Re: feedback/review requested for fix to MySQL bug #45759Michael Widenius30 Jun