List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Amit Saha Date:June 25 2009 1:34pm
Subject:Re: Mysql ODBC problem
View as plain text
Hello Nihal,

Nihal Dindar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to setup an odbc connection. I start mysqld on socket /tmp/mysql
> but the odbc connection tries to connect via /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
> which does not exist. In /etc/my.cnf I have socket = /tmp/mysql.sock. I
> tried to add a symbolic link from /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock to
> /tmp/mysql.sock. In this case the odbc did not give any errors but the
> insert query does not insert anything. Any help?

Just to be clear: How about specifying the socket in the
SQLDriverConnect() call, as documented in
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/connector-odbc-configuration-connection-parameters.html

?

That way, you won't have use the "cheating" mechanism of creating a soft
link. As far as that approach not working is concerned, not sure about
the reason.

HTH,
Amit

--
http://blogs.sun.com/amitsaha
http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com/

"Recursion is the basic iteration mechanism in Scheme"
--- http://c2.com/cgi/wiki?TailRecursion

Thread
Mysql ODBC problemNihal Dindar25 Jun
  • Re: Mysql ODBC problemAmit Saha25 Jun