List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Amit Saha Date:June 25 2009 1:34pm
Subject:Re: Mysql ODBC problem
View as plain text
Hello Nihal,

Nihal Dindar wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to setup an odbc connection. I start mysqld on socket /tmp/mysql
> but the odbc connection tries to connect via /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock
> which does not exist. In /etc/my.cnf I have socket = /tmp/mysql.sock. I
> tried to add a symbolic link from /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock to
> /tmp/mysql.sock. In this case the odbc did not give any errors but the
> insert query does not insert anything. Any help?

Just to be clear: How about specifying the socket in the
SQLDriverConnect() call, as documented in

That way, you won't have use the "cheating" mechanism of creating a soft
link. As far as that approach not working is concerned, not sure about
the reason.

> Thanks,
> Nihal

"Recursion is the basic iteration mechanism in Scheme"

Mysql ODBC problemNihal Dindar25 Jun
  • Re: Mysql ODBC problemAmit Saha25 Jun