List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Manyi Lu - Sun Norway Date:June 25 2009 10:38am
Subject:Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.
View as plain text
MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:

<cut>

> I don't think that anyone on the core team at MySQL has the right
> perspective to judge this. Headers help or hinder people new to the
> code. When I want to figure out what a module can do in InnoDB, I read
> the header file. Alas, code is not really modular in MySQL and the
> header files that exist are huge and poorly documented (mysql_priv.h).

Mats is underway with fixing the headerfiles, see:
http://forge.mysql.com/worklog/task.php?id=4877

As part of this worklog, header file include guards will be added,
mysql_priv.h will be splited, and header files will be made
self-sufficient. Code should be pushed within the coming days/weeks.

Regards,
Manyi
Thread
MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Tor Didriksen22 Jun
  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Jay Pipes22 Jun
    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Michael Widenius24 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.MARK CALLAGHAN24 Jun
        • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Manyi Lu - Sun Norway25 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Tor Didriksen25 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Joerg Bruehe25 Jun
  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Konstantin Osipov22 Jun
    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.MARK CALLAGHAN23 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Konstantin Osipov23 Jun
    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Manyi Lu - Sun Norway23 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Konstantin Osipov23 Jun
  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Guilhem Bichot22 Jun
  • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Dmitry Lenev22 Jun
    • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Tor Didriksen23 Jun
      • Re: MySql coding style: Request for change regarding documentation.Dmitry Lenev23 Jun