List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladimir Shebordaev Date:June 17 2009 2:17pm
Subject:Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.
View as plain text
2009/6/17 Tor Didriksen <Tor.Didriksen@stripped>:
> The emacs settings suggested in
> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/MySQL_Internals_Coding_Guidelines
> don't follow the indentation guidelines.
> "For indentation use space; do not use the tab (\t) character."
> however: the elisp code explicitly sets tabs, and tab width.
>
> Here's a new suggestion from me.
> I think we should add this as mysql-style.el somewhere in the source tree:
> ================
> (c-add-style "MY"
>  '("K&R"
[skipped]
> (provide 'mysql-style)
> ================
>
> Note that I have added (inline-open . 0) which seems to be the current
> style.
>
> Note that I have also added (innamespace . 0), that's a new suggestion from
> me.
>
> I also use add-hook rather than setq in case the user has his own hooks.
>
> I removed the font-lock stuff, since that is really a user preference,
> and can be quite a nuisance for people who have problems seeing colors.

Hm, but what's about people who have problems using emacs? :)

> As usual: comments are welcome.
>
> -- didrik

Regards,
Vladimir
Thread
Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Tor Didriksen17 Jun
  • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Konstantin Osipov17 Jun
    • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Tor Didriksen17 Jun
      • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Paul DuBois17 Jun
  • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Vladimir Shebordaev17 Jun
Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Konstantin Osipov17 Jun
  • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Tor Didriksen17 Jun
    • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Michael Widenius19 Jun