List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tor Didriksen Date:June 17 2009 1:37pm
Subject:Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.
View as plain text
On Wed, 17 Jun 2009 15:20:50 +0200, Konstantin Osipov <kostja@stripped>
wrote:

> * Tor Didriksen <Tor.Didriksen@stripped> [09/06/17 16:51]:
>
> The old emacs extract was from Monty, I suggest you just edit the wiki
> directly and add update it.

Sure, I can edit the wiki (but I would need approval from the group of six
maintainers, right?)
But I would rather have it as file which I can simply execute when
starting emacs.

>> Note that I have added (inline-open . 0) which seems to be the current
>> style.
>
> What does it mean? (I'm not an emacs user).

That means that we write
class Foo {
   void func()
   {
   }
}

rather than

class Foo {
   void func()
     {
     }
}

i.e. dont increment indentation when opening an inline function body.
This isn't described in the style guide, but is what we actually do in the
code
(as far as I can tell anyways)

>> Note that I have also added (innamespace . 0), that's a new suggestion
>> from me.
>
> And that?-)

Similarly:

namespace foo {
class XXX {
};
}  // namespace foo

don't increment indentation within a namespace,
that would essentially indent the entire source file, reducing line length
 from 80 to 78.
It would also re-indent everything if we decide to put some existing code
into a namespace.

>> I removed the font-lock stuff, since that is really a user preference,
>> and can be quite a nuisance for people who have problems seeing colors.
>
> What does that mean?-)

Emacs can use different colors for different syntactic elements of a
programming language.
Very convenient for those of us who can differentiate between green and
blue.
Not so convenient for the color blind.

>> As usual: comments are welcome.
>
> Thanks,

-- didrik

Thread
Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Tor Didriksen17 Jun
  • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Konstantin Osipov17 Jun
    • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Tor Didriksen17 Jun
      • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Paul DuBois17 Jun
  • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Vladimir Shebordaev17 Jun
Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Konstantin Osipov17 Jun
  • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Tor Didriksen17 Jun
    • Re: Emacs settings for the MySql coding style.Michael Widenius19 Jun