List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 16 2009 11:36am
Subject:re: Strange update behaviour
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Patrick" == Patrick Lau <patro02@stripped> writes:

Patrick> I don't know if I missed something or a bug but I can't do any updates
Patrick> on tables...

Patrick> create, drop, alter works...

Patrick> any ideas?

<cut>

mysql> select * from test;
Patrick> +------+----------+
Patrick> | id   | LastName |
Patrick> +------+----------+
Patrick> |    2 | b        |
Patrick> |    3 | c        |
Patrick> +------+----------+
Patrick> 2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> update test set LastName='bb' where id=2;
Patrick> +----------+
Patrick> | LastName |
Patrick> +----------+
Patrick> | b        |
Patrick> +----------+
Patrick> 1 row in set (0.01 sec)

The above is trange;  An update should not produce any result set.

If this would be a problem with grants, then you would get an error.

What is the output you get from the update statement and what is your
table definition.

Please also provide the information from:

SHOW CREATE TABLE test;
CHECK TABLE test;

Regards,
Monty

For information of MariaDB, the community developed server based on
source code from MySQL, check out www.askmonty.org
Thread
Strange update behaviourPatrick Lau6 Jun
  • re: Strange update behaviourMichael Widenius17 Jun