List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:June 15 2009 10:06am
Subject:Re: mtr2 CPU detection for MacOS X
View as plain text
Stewart Smith <stewart@stripped> writes:

> Really simple patch to get the CPU count out of an OSX box for automatic
> --parallel setting for mtr2.

Actually, in my experience, --parallel gives huge speedups even on a
single-processor machines. Most of the time seems to be spent in sleep(), not
in burning CPU :-(.

So I would think it makes more sense to set parallelism on available memory?
(Assuming running in ram disk, if not disk trashing becomes the limit under
higher --parallel values).

But maybe this is different in Drizzle, haven't run Drizzle tests in a while.

 - Kristian.
Thread
mtr2 CPU detection for MacOS XStewart Smith15 Jun
  • Re: mtr2 CPU detection for MacOS XKristian Nielsen15 Jun
    • Re: mtr2 CPU detection for MacOS XStewart Smith8 Jul
  • Re: mtr2 CPU detection for MacOS XStewart Smith8 Jul