List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:June 11 2009 8:33am
Subject:Re: trailing space in column name
View as plain text
In any case, I think this should be considered a bug (if a documented one
:-). If I can create a table/column ` t` or `t t`, there is no reason I should
not be able to create also `t `.

These kind of special exceptions create no value, and lots of unnecessary
complexity.

Similarly, I have always been really annoyed that MySQL has no collation that
make trailing spaces significant in VARCHAR. The fact that ("X" = "X ") in
eg. utf8_bin is just a glaring bug in my opinion. Let the user decide whether
they want space to have special significance, not the Database.

Can we fix it? Please?

 - Kristian.
Thread
trailing space in column nameZhixuan Zhu9 Jun
  • Re: trailing space in column nameIngo Strüwing9 Jun
    • RE: trailing space in column nameZhixuan Zhu9 Jun
      • RE: trailing space in column nameRick James9 Jun
        • RE: trailing space in column nameZhixuan Zhu9 Jun
          • RE: trailing space in column nameRick James9 Jun
            • RE: trailing space in column nameZhixuan Zhu9 Jun
  • Re: trailing space in column namePaul DuBois10 Jun
    • Re: trailing space in column nameKristian Nielsen11 Jun
      • Re: trailing space in column nameJoerg Bruehe11 Jun
        • Re: trailing space in column nameKristian Nielsen11 Jun
        • Re: trailing space in column nameRoy Lyseng11 Jun
  • Re: trailing space in column nameSergei Golubchik20 Jun