List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:June 10 2009 8:10pm
Subject:Upcoming "error of the day" postings
View as plain text
Hi all,

I'm engaged in a project (WL#3403) to compile information that will
provide better information about our errors and error messages:

* What an error means
* Likely causes of the error
* How to rectify or work around the error

The general idea is to provide our users something more than a list of
error codes and the messages from errmsg.txt, such as the manual
currently includes here:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/error-messages-server.html
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/error-messages-client.html

To that end, and to give lucky YOU a chance to participate in this
exciting (!!) project, I'd like to solicit your knowledge on a case by
base basis. To that end, I'll post individual messages for different
errors, indicating what I know about them and asking for additional
comments. I hope in this way to take advantage of the knowledge that
different developers have about errors that pertain to their
particular areas of expertise.

--
Paul DuBois
Sun Microsystems / MySQL Documentation Team

Thread
Upcoming "error of the day" postingsPaul DuBois10 Jun
  • RE: Upcoming "error of the day" postingsRick James11 Jun
  • Re: Upcoming "error of the day" postingsPaul DuBois11 Jun