List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladimir Shebordaev Date:June 10 2009 6:35pm
Subject:Re: making "insert delayed" like normal "insert"
View as plain text

just in case, current MySQL 5.1 manual says literally the following

 "There are some constraints on the use of DELAYED:

    *      INSERT DELAYED works only with MyISAM, MEMORY, ARCHIVE, and
(as of MySQL 5.1.19) BLACKHOLE tables. For engines that do not support
DELAYED, an error occurs. "

So, that three and a half year old Paul DuBois' comment to the bug
#5777 is a bit outdated. But it seems there is still no point in
"delayed" inserts into transactional storage engines :)

In the hope it helps.