List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vladimir Shebordaev Date:June 10 2009 6:35pm
Subject:Re: making "insert delayed" like normal "insert"
View as plain text
Hi,

just in case, current MySQL 5.1 manual says literally the following

 "There are some constraints on the use of DELAYED:

    *      INSERT DELAYED works only with MyISAM, MEMORY, ARCHIVE, and
(as of MySQL 5.1.19) BLACKHOLE tables. For engines that do not support
DELAYED, an error occurs. "

So, that three and a half year old Paul DuBois' comment to the bug
#5777 is a bit outdated. But it seems there is still no point in
"delayed" inserts into transactional storage engines :)

In the hope it helps.

Regards,
Vladimir