List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zardosht Kasheff Date:June 10 2009 2:22pm
Subject:making "insert delayed" like normal "insert"
View as plain text
Hello,

I tried to execute an insert delayed command on an InnoDB table in
5.1.35, and received the following error:

ERROR 1616 (HY000): DELAYED option not supported for table 'foo'

I know that InnoDB does not support "insert delayed", but the
following comment in http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=5777 led me to
believe that InnoDB would ignore the DELAYED key word and treat it
like a normal insertion.

What the manual really should say is that InnoDB no longer
issues an error for INSERT DELAYED. What happens is that
InnoDB ignores the DELAYED keyword and processes the
statement. The row isn't actually delayed.

I realize that bug 5777 is 5 years old, but it seems that the behavior
has changed over time.

As a storage engine developer, we would like to have the intended
behavior above. We would like for "insert DELAYED" statements to work
like normal "insert" statements. The reason is so that users currently
using "insert delayed" will not need to change their scripts to be
compatible with our storage engine.

Is there anyway to currently do this?

Thanks
-Zardosht
Thread
making "insert delayed" like normal "insert"Zardosht Kasheff10 Jun
  • RE: making "insert delayed" like normal "insert"Rick James10 Jun
  • Re: making "insert delayed" like normal "insert"Vladimir Shebordaev10 Jun
    • Re: making "insert delayed" like normal "insert"Zardosht Kasheff10 Jun
  • Re: making "insert delayed" like normal "insert"Konstantin Osipov10 Jun