List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zhixuan Zhu Date:June 9 2009 3:41pm
Subject:RE: trailing space in column name
View as plain text
No specific reason. We internally translate SELECT statement to CREATE TABLE AS SELECT
statement for some purpose. And our QA generate lots of things to test including
something like /select "a ", r_name from region/ stuff and that failed because literal "a
" failed the create table part.

You know it's hard to persuade QA that some tests they've done are not reasonable :). BTW,
any insights to my question?