List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:June 9 2009 6:38am
Subject:Re: trailing space in column name
View as plain text
Hi Zhixuan,

Zhixuan Zhu, 09.06.2009 00:08:

> This may sound minor, but it creates lots of trouble to us. For some
> reason MySQL disallow column names with trailing space in create table.
> We're doing lots of "create table as select" type of queries and so
> statements like this will fail:
>
> Create table test as select "command ", command_type from command_table;

just curious: Why do you want to have trailing space in column names?

Regards
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder,   Wolfgang Engels,   Wolf Frenkel
        • RE: trailing space in column nameZhixuan Zhu9 Jun
          • RE: trailing space in column nameRick James9 Jun
            • RE: trailing space in column nameZhixuan Zhu9 Jun
  • Re: trailing space in column namePaul DuBois10 Jun
    • Re: trailing space in column nameKristian Nielsen11 Jun
      • Re: trailing space in column nameJoerg Bruehe11 Jun
        • Re: trailing space in column nameKristian Nielsen11 Jun
        • Re: trailing space in column nameRoy Lyseng11 Jun
  • Re: trailing space in column nameSergei Golubchik20 Jun