List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 7 2009 10:06am
Subject:Re: ALTER column DROP DEFAULT test
View as plain text
Hi!

Sergei> Hi, Stewart!
Sergei> On May 22, Stewart Smith wrote:
>> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 05:13:00PM +0200, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
>> > added
>> > http://lists.mysql.com/commits/74476
>>
>> When adding such tihngs, you can use the --author flag to 'bzr commit'
>> to record the original author of the patch as well as who committed it
>> (you get 'author' and 'committer' metadata fields) which can be useful
>> in tracking blame for when I completely do something stupid and manage
>> to get it past review :)

Sergei> Yes, thanks. Although in this case it was not me who committed it - I
Sergei> simply noticed that your proposed patch was committed, and replied to
Sergei> your mail.

You could have noted that it was committed in 6.0, which will not be
available any time soon.

Why was this not committed into 5.1 ?

Another question is why add this to parser.test, when 'alter_table'
and 'limit' tests are more appropriate.

I have now applied, committed and pushed these to MariaDB 5.1 so that
we get better coverage in our base versions.

I can't use --author with bzr gcommit, but I added a your name as
author in the main comment.

Regards,
Monty

For information of MariaDB, the community developed server based on
source code from MySQL, check out www.askmonty.org
Thread
ALTER column DROP DEFAULT testStewart Smith19 May
  • Re: ALTER column DROP DEFAULT testSergei Golubchik20 May
    • Re: ALTER column DROP DEFAULT testStewart Smith22 May
      • Re: ALTER column DROP DEFAULT testSergei Golubchik22 May
        • Re: ALTER column DROP DEFAULT testMichael Widenius7 Jun
          • Re: ALTER column DROP DEFAULT testStewart Smith8 Jul