List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vyacheslav Akhmechet Date:May 20 2009 10:20pm
Subject:Re: Parsing Key Information
View as plain text
On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 11:51 AM, Sergey Petrunya <psergey@stripped> wrote:
> For the key tuple format, see this comment:
>
> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Emysql/mysql-server/mysql-6.0/annotate/head%3A/sql/opt_range.cc#L63
Ahh, thank you! The comment and key_restore() source code really helped.

I have a related question. Is there a uniform way to compare two keys?
Right now, I point a field to the key part, extract the value from it,
and then compare it to the value in my index (I store the values in
the index directly, not the keys). Is there a better way? Perhaps a
function pointer MySQL server offers, to a function that compares two
key buffers and returns -1, 0, or 1 (a memcmp variant, e.g. keycmp)?

I have a feeling there must be a better way, but I don't know where to look.

Regards,
- Slava
Thread
Parsing Key InformationVyacheslav Akhmechet17 May
  • Re: Parsing Key InformationSergey Petrunya19 May
    • Re: Parsing Key InformationVyacheslav Akhmechet21 May
      • Re: Parsing Key InformationMattias Jonsson23 May