List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:May 19 2009 10:11am
Subject:Re: sending another query before a previous result has been read?
View as plain text
* Jim Winstead <jimw@stripped> [09/05/19 02:39]:

> bug #26077 suggests that we make an api change so that an error will be
> thrown if someone tries to send a query before the results of a previous
> query have been read. this is using the not-really-documented
> mysql_send_query()/mysql_read_query_result() api.

mysql_send_query is not part of the C API, it's an internal
function.
If you use any of C API commands "Commands out of sync".

Suggestion: do nothing about this bug.

> i am inclined to not do this, since it may just confuse matters as we
> evolve towards an asynchronous api, where you would absolutely expect to
> be able to issue multiple queries and read the results in whatever order
> they become available. (right now, you can issue multiple queries but
> have to read the results in order.)
>
> any thoughts?

sending another query before a previous result has been read?Jim Winstead19 May
  • Re: sending another query before a previous result has been read?Konstantin Osipov19 May
    • Re: sending another query before a previous result has been read?Alex Esterkin19 May
      • Re: sending another query before a previous result has been read?Eric Day19 May
        • Re: sending another query before a previous result has been read?Alex Esterkin19 May
    • Re: sending another query before a previous result has been read?Davi Arnaut19 May
    • Re: sending another query before a previous result has been read?Antony T Curtis20 May
Re: sending another query before a previous result has been read?Jim Winstead19 May