List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vyacheslav Akhmechet Date:May 15 2009 2:16am
Subject:A call to rnd_pos() without a call to position()?
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm trying to implement random access in my custom storage engine.
I've implemented position() and rnd_pos() as specified. I then trigger
the call with a blob query (as suggested in the wiki). My engine
returned gibberish values, and after looking at the trace log I
realized that a call to position() is never made. I see the server
call st_table::prepare_for_position, and then (after some other stuff)
my engine's rnd_pos(). There is no mention of a call to position()
anywhere in the trace log.

I think the virtual method signature is correct and debug output is
correct too (unless I'm missing something trivial). Is there a
situation in which rnd_pos might be called without a prior call to
position?

Regards,
- Slava
Thread
A call to rnd_pos() without a call to position()?Vyacheslav Akhmechet15 May
  • Re: A call to rnd_pos() without a call to position()?Vyacheslav Akhmechet15 May
    • Re: A call to rnd_pos() without a call to position()?Michael Widenius5 Jun