List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vyacheslav Akhmechet Date:May 11 2009 4:55pm
Subject:BLOB memory deallocation (storage engine dev)
View as plain text
Hi,

I understand that when I load a row that contains a blob column, my
storage engine needs to allocate a buffer in memory for the data, and
place the pointer to this memory into the relevant field. However, who
is responsible for deallocating this buffer?

Regards,
- Slava
Thread
BLOB memory deallocation (storage engine dev)Vyacheslav Akhmechet11 May
  • Re: BLOB memory deallocation (storage engine dev)Paul McCullagh11 May
    • Re: BLOB memory deallocation (storage engine dev)Vyacheslav Akhmechet11 May
      • Re: BLOB memory deallocation (storage engine dev)Paul McCullagh11 May
        • Re: BLOB memory deallocation (storage engine dev)Vyacheslav Akhmechet11 May
      • Re: BLOB memory deallocation (storage engine dev)Michael Widenius5 Jun
    • Re: BLOB memory deallocation (storage engine dev)Michael Widenius5 Jun