List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vyacheslav Akhmechet Date:May 6 2009 3:30pm
Subject:Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_next
View as plain text
On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:00 AM, Kristian Nielsen
<knielsen@stripped> wrote:
> You need to study the code yourself a bit to work efficiently with it I think.
Absolutely. But a slightly more high level overview really helps in this task.

> The buffer passed to write_row etc. is a fixed-size buffer of bytes holding
> the data for one row.
Ok, I understand now, thank you very much! I just have one more
question about this. How are variable-sized rows handled? Are they
still recorded in this buffer (the record buffer passed to write_row),
or do I have to go through the fields manually, one by one? If
variable length rows are recorded into this buffer, how can I
determine its length without looking at every field?

From what I understand if the table contains no blobs and has fixed
size records, I can dump the buffer passed to write_row into the file
as is (this is what I'm doing now). If it has blobs, I have to go
through the fields to handle blobs properly. Now, variable-sized rows
and I'm completely unclear about.

Regards,
- Slava
Thread
Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet1 May
  • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextIvan Novick1 May
    • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
      • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
        • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
          • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
            • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
              • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
                • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
  • question on storage engine API rnd_endZhixuan Zhu15 May
  • RE: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextZhixuan Zhu15 May