List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Vyacheslav Akhmechet Date:May 6 2009 4:56am
Subject:Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_next
View as plain text
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Ivan Novick <ivan@stripped> wrote:
> As for blobs, when writing data, you are a passed a pointer to where
> the blob is and then you can storage that data in your engine.
Are you talking about the fields, or the buffer? A pointer to the
memory cannot be in the buffer passed to write_row, so is the blob
stored in the buffer verbatum?

> When returning a row, you need to allocate a memory buffer
> in your engine to store the blob and return the pointer to the
> blob in the row.
Ok, but what about update_row? Is there a flag somewhere that tells me
whether the blob has changed (in which case I would have to store the
new version)?

> Hope that helps
Thanks, it does. There isn't much documentation, and the code is a bit
overwhelming at first.

Regards,
- Slava
Thread
Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet1 May
  • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextIvan Novick1 May
    • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
      • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
        • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
          • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
            • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
              • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
                • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
  • question on storage engine API rnd_endZhixuan Zhu15 May
  • RE: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextZhixuan Zhu15 May