List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ivan Novick Date:May 1 2009 7:31pm
Subject:Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_next
View as plain text
On Fri, May 1, 2009 at 11:12 AM, Vyacheslav Akhmechet
<coffeemug@stripped> wrote:
> Also, how are BLOBs handled? I understand that rows just store
> pointers (file offsets) to them, but is there a special callback
> storage engines need to implement for storing BLOBs?

As for blobs, when writing data, you are a passed a pointer to where
the blob is and then you can storage that data in your engine.  When
returning a row, you need to allocate a memory buffer in your engine
to store the blob and return the pointer to the blob in the row.  Hope
that helps,

Ivan Novick
Thread
Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet1 May
  • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextIvan Novick1 May
    • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
      • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
        • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
          • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
            • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
              • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextKristian Nielsen6 May
                • Re: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextVyacheslav Akhmechet6 May
  • question on storage engine API rnd_endZhixuan Zhu15 May
  • RE: Questions about write_row and rnd_nextZhixuan Zhu15 May