List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Davi Arnaut Date:April 30 2009 8:56pm
Subject:Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQL
View as plain text
On 4/30/09 5:36 PM, Sergei Golubchik wrote:
> Hi, Davi!
>
> On Apr 30, Davi Arnaut wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be better to be able to attach private data to a THD? This
>> way a plugin (or anything else) can create its own mem_root and
>> structures, attach it to a THD and retrieve it later when needed. I
>> can scratch a proof of concept if it sounds okay..
>
> Yoshinori-san has already done it (extending thd->ha_data concept to
> work for all plugins). It's not pushed anywhere yet, as far as I know.

Great! I hope we can push early those kind of tidbits...
Thread
memory allocation architecture in MySQLMARK CALLAGHAN17 Oct
  • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLMARK CALLAGHAN17 Oct
  • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLDavi Arnaut17 Oct
    • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLMichael Widenius31 Oct
      • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLMARK CALLAGHAN31 Oct
        • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLMichael Widenius31 Oct
        • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLMichael Widenius31 Oct
          • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLMARK CALLAGHAN30 Apr
            • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLDavi Arnaut30 Apr
              • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLBrian Aker30 Apr
              • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLSergei Golubchik30 Apr
                • Re: memory allocation architecture in MySQLDavi Arnaut30 Apr