List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:April 26 2009 9:03pm
Subject:GLOBAL and LOCAL are allowed as labels inside stored routines
View as plain text
Hello Peter,

Do you know why SQL-2003 reserved keywords GLOBAL and LOCAL are
allowed for labels inside stored procedures?

These two keywords in keyword_sp rule case 11 shift/reduce
conflicts, and seem to be there for no good reason.

Perhaps we should just keep them reserved?

Thanks,

PS The reason I ask is that Antony removes these two from
keyword_sp rule in his patch for WL#820. This looks like an
unrelated change, or, perhaps, with addition of external stored
procedure syntax they started to cause even more conflicts.

--
kostja
Thread