List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kay Röpke Date:April 14 2009 12:01pm
Subject:Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasename
View as plain text
On Apr 13, 2009, at 1:10 AM, Eric Bergen wrote:

> I think wireshark (formerly ethereal) speaks mysql protocol. It may be
> easier to use that than to write a custom parser for mysql binary
> protocol.

Definitely. IIRC wireshark can import pcap files and it's much nicer
to look at than tcpdump output.
Also, as you point out, it's much easier to use than writing yet
another protocol implementation.

Baron, please also have a look at the stuff in MySQL Proxy. It
contains a rather complete protocol encoder/decoder
and is GPL, too.
Both Jan and me are interested to put the individual parts of proxy to
other uses.

Grab us at the conference if your are interested, too.

cheers,
-k
Thread
Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameBaron Schwartz12 Apr
  • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameEric Day12 Apr
    • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameBaron Schwartz12 Apr
      • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameBaron Schwartz12 Apr
        • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameEric Day12 Apr
          • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameBaron Schwartz12 Apr
          • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameBaron Schwartz12 Apr
            • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameEric Bergen13 Apr
              • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameKay Röpke14 Apr
                • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameBaron Schwartz16 Apr
            • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameKristian Nielsen13 Apr
            • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameMichael Widenius13 Apr
  • Re: Client Authentication Packet w/ databasenameKonstantin Osipov13 Apr