List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kay Röpke Date:March 27 2009 12:32am
Subject:Re: g4 annotate and mysql branches in launchpad
View as plain text
Hi!

On Mar 27, 2009, at 12:35 AM, MARK CALLAGHAN wrote:

>>> I am trying to understand the output of 'g4 annotate' for
>>> lp:mysql-server/6.0. My guess is that the three part revision
>>> numbers
>>> (2599.281.53)  are from the pre-bzr source control system. Is there
>>> any way for the general public to get the details of those commits?
>>
>> All of the history should be in there. What makes you think it is
>> not?
>
> Some combination of the following: ignorance, unable to devote enough
> time to learning yet another SCM

A word on the three part numbers: Those are coming from merge commits
(commits having >1 parent).
The revision number is simply the number of commits in the current
tree, and the
dot notation is a way to track them when two branches are merged
instead of being in a serial history.

cheers,
-k
Thread
g4 annotate and mysql branches in launchpadMARK CALLAGHAN26 Mar
  • Re: g4 annotate and mysql branches in launchpadKristian Nielsen26 Mar
    • Re: g4 annotate and mysql branches in launchpadMARK CALLAGHAN27 Mar
      • Re: g4 annotate and mysql branches in launchpadKay Röpke27 Mar