List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Barry Leslie Date:March 26 2009 5:52pm
Subject:[ANN] Alpha release v05.08 of the BLOB Streaming Engine
View as plain text

Alpha version 5.08 of the BLOB streaming engine for MySQL has been released.

The BLOB Streaming Engine is a MySQL storage engine which enables the
storage and streaming of BLOB data directly in and out of a MySQL database.

You can download the source code from

For more details see:

Some of the new features in 5.08:

* It is now possible to store user defined metadata with the BLOB.

* It is now possible to assign an alias to the BLOB and then use the alias
to fetch the BLOB back from the engine.

For a full list of changes please have a look at my BLOG posting

If you have any questions or comments feel free send them directly to me.

Barry Leslie

SNAP Innovation Softwareentwicklung GmbH
Senior Software Engineer

Tel: (001) 250 595 4228
Fax: (001) 250 595 4233
Email: Barry.Leslie@stripped

SNAP Innovation Softwareentwicklung GmbH, D-22765 Hamburg,
Max-Brauer-Allee 50, Germany
Amtsgericht Hamburg HRB 61066, Geschäftsführer: Ulrich Zimmer, Paul

[ANN] Alpha release v05.08 of the BLOB Streaming EngineBarry Leslie26 Mar