List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrej van der Zee Date:March 25 2009 2:44am
Subject:Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL
server
View as plain text
Hi,

> I still can't understand why the query is failing when it is executed from a
> background thread in MySQL (it does work fine in a small test-program). If I
> replace the query by a "normal" insert-statement in the background,
> everything works fine. It seems that in the context of this background
> thread, it is impossible to use the command LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE. The one
> thing that is different for this query is that it sends the contents of a
> file (specified in it's argument) to the server.

Actually, when the remote server executes LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE, it
issues a  net_request_file() back on the client (command #251). This
call never returns if the client is executed in a custom background
thread of (another) MySQL server. So it seems that my background
thread does not like to receive a "callback" from the remote server
somehow. How can I fix this, please!!!

Cheers,
Andrej
Thread
LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee24 Mar
  • Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee24 Mar
  • Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverKristian Nielsen24 Mar
    • Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee24 Mar
      • Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee25 Mar
Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee25 Mar