List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:March 24 2009 7:00am
Subject:Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL server
View as plain text
Andrej van der Zee <andrejvanderzee@stripped> writes:

> able have this command supported. It works perfectly fine from the
> test program below. But if I use the same commands in my background
> thread in the MySQL server, then the call to mysql_query() hangs and

You only showed the code that works, not the code that fails ...

But the #1 reason for thread problems is using a single mysql connection with
multiple threads simultaneously. Each thread needs exclusive locking around
the use of the mysql connection object.

 - Kristian.
Thread
LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee24 Mar
  • Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee24 Mar
  • Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverKristian Nielsen24 Mar
    • Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee24 Mar
      • Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee25 Mar
Re: LOAD DATA LOCAL INFILE in background thread brings down MySQL serverAndrej van der Zee25 Mar