List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul McCullagh Date:March 22 2009 10:04am
Subject:Re: How to build mysql server in Mac using xcode?
View as plain text
I agree with this point.

I use Xcode to work on MySQL and a storage engine.

Xcode is great for editing and debugging the code, but you don't need
to build any of this stuff using Xcode.

make in a terminal works fine for that.

What is useful is to compile using Xcode, just to get a quick syntax
check.

It is possible to get most of the MySQL code compiling under Xcode for
this purpose. You can also then use the "goto definition/declaration"
functionality which is really useful.

And of course, including all the source files in a project is good for
doing text searches on the code.