List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Masood Mortazavi Date:March 21 2009 7:16pm
Subject:Re: scope of SCA? (was: Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keys)
View as plain text
Hi Kristian -

I think the 1-page SCA document (
http://www.sun.com/software/opensource/sca.pdf ) already makes the
scope clear.  The SCA terms apply to your contribution of materials to
a product or project owned or managed by Sun. (See the first
sentence.)

Regards,
Masood

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:16 PM, Kristian Nielsen
<knielsen@stripped> wrote:
> Masood Mortazavi <masoodmortazavi@stripped> writes:
>
>> Under the Sun Contributor Agreement (SCA), the contributor retains
>> copyrights while also granting those same rights to Sun as the project
>> sponsor. It supersedes the previously used MySQL Contributor License
>> Agreement (CLA).
>
> From the SCA:
>
>   "The term 'contribution' means any source code, object code, patch, tool,
>   sample, graphic, specification, manual, documentation, or any other
>   material posted or submitted by you to a project."
>
> Suppose someone wants to contribute some MySQL work to Sun (maybe a bug fix),
> but still wants to retain sole ownership of other MySQL work (say a storage
> engine or new core feature).
>
> Which facilities does the SCA / Sun provide for identifying exactly which
> patches are covered under the SCA by the contributor, and which are not?
>
> I have been wondering about this for some time. The SCA is not very clear
> about exactly which contributions are covered, and which are not, and
> depending on how you read it can be taken to include everything MySQL related
> copyrighted by contributer, or only work explicitly submitted to Sun for
> inclusion.
>
> It is also not clear how a contributer would terminate the SCA (for future
> work on MySQL only, not for already contributed code of course).
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
>  - Kristian.

Thread
Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysMark Robson2 Dec
  • Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysMasood Mortazavi20 Mar
    • Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysMARK CALLAGHAN20 Mar
    • scope of SCA? (was: Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keys)Kristian Nielsen20 Mar
      • Re: scope of SCA? (was: Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keys)Masood Mortazavi21 Mar
Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysSergey Vojtovich23 Mar
Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysSergey Vojtovich24 Mar