List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:March 20 2009 7:16pm
Subject:scope of SCA? (was: Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keys)
View as plain text
Masood Mortazavi <masoodmortazavi@stripped> writes:

> Under the Sun Contributor Agreement (SCA), the contributor retains
> copyrights while also granting those same rights to Sun as the project
> sponsor. It supersedes the previously used MySQL Contributor License
> Agreement (CLA).

From the SCA:

   "The term 'contribution' means any source code, object code, patch, tool,
   sample, graphic, specification, manual, documentation, or any other
   material posted or submitted by you to a project."

Suppose someone wants to contribute some MySQL work to Sun (maybe a bug fix),
but still wants to retain sole ownership of other MySQL work (say a storage
engine or new core feature).

Which facilities does the SCA / Sun provide for identifying exactly which
patches are covered under the SCA by the contributor, and which are not?

I have been wondering about this for some time. The SCA is not very clear
about exactly which contributions are covered, and which are not, and
depending on how you read it can be taken to include everything MySQL related
copyrighted by contributer, or only work explicitly submitted to Sun for
inclusion.

It is also not clear how a contributer would terminate the SCA (for future
work on MySQL only, not for already contributed code of course).

Any help would be appreciated.

 - Kristian.
Thread
Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysMark Robson2 Dec
  • Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysMasood Mortazavi20 Mar
    • Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysMARK CALLAGHAN20 Mar
    • scope of SCA? (was: Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keys)Kristian Nielsen20 Mar
      • Re: scope of SCA? (was: Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keys)Masood Mortazavi21 Mar
Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysSergey Vojtovich23 Mar
Re: Patch for MYISAM to mmap keysSergey Vojtovich24 Mar