List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:March 18 2009 10:16am
Subject:Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headers
View as plain text
* Mats Kindahl <mats@stripped> [09/03/18 11:32]:
> One thing that I am missing is a rationale... it is very hard to
> make a decision on why a particular style should be implemented,
> unless there is some kind of reason to why it should be
> implemented.

Let's if I understand the rationale correctly:

The rationale for the first is simplification of the rules.

The rationale for the second is increased code clarity (for the
cost of increased maintenance burden and some difficulties with ctags).

coding style change proposal: function parameter names in headersIngo Strüwing17 Mar
  • Re: coding style change proposal: function parameter names inheadersSergei Golubchik17 Mar
    • Re: coding style change proposal: function parameter names in headersMARK CALLAGHAN17 Mar
      • Re: coding style change proposal: function parameter names in headersJay Pipes17 Mar
      • [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersKonstantin Osipov17 Mar
    • Re: coding style change proposal: function parameter names in headersIngo Strüwing17 Mar
      • Re: coding style change proposal: function parameter names inheadersSergei Golubchik17 Mar
  • [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersKonstantin Osipov17 Mar
    • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersIngo Strüwing17 Mar
    • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersMats Kindahl18 Mar
      • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersKonstantin Osipov18 Mar
        • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersMARK CALLAGHAN18 Mar
      • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersIngo Strüwing18 Mar
        • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersMats Kindahl18 Mar
          • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersReggie Burnett23 Mar
        • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersMichael Widenius8 Apr