List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chad MILLER Date:March 17 2009 6:15pm
Subject:Re: [style] change proposal: switch exception
View as plain text
On 03/17/2009 01:07 PM, Konstantin Osipov wrote:
> Hello Ingo,
>
> * Ingo Strüwing<Ingo.Struewing@stripped>  [09/03/13 19:22]:
>
>> I propose to get rid of the "switch exception" regarding the opening
>> brace. I propose to write new code so that the opening brace is put on
>> its own line below the switch keyword.
>
> Thank you for this proposal, I didn't notice it at first.
> As long as there is at least one person who's disturbed
> by the current behaviour, I think it's a good idea to change it
> -- it's hard to explain why switch () is the only statement in our
> style for which we write an opening brace at the same line.
> The exception can be hard to keep in mind, enforce during reviews,
> etc.
>
> I'm sure Monty had a reason, but none of us nowadays knows about it.

Probably something to do with not affecting block indentation level.  :\

- chad
Thread
coding style change proposal: switch exceptionIngo Strüwing13 Mar
  • [style] change proposal: switch exceptionKonstantin Osipov17 Mar
    • Re: [style] change proposal: switch exceptionChad MILLER17 Mar
    • re: [style] change proposal: switch exceptionMichael Widenius6 Apr
  • re: coding style change proposal: switch exceptionMichael Widenius6 Apr
    • Re: coding style change proposal: switch exceptionMats Kindahl6 Apr
      • Re: coding style change proposal: switch exceptionMichael Widenius19 Apr
        • Re: coding style change proposal: switch exceptionIngo Strüwing20 Apr