List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ingo Strüwing Date:March 17 2009 4:01pm
Subject:Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headers
View as plain text
Hi Konstantin,

Konstantin Osipov, 17.03.2009 13:55:

> Hello Ingo,
>
> Thank you for this change request. I shall record it as the first
> change request here:

I would appreciate, if you could record it as the second request and
include the first one before it. See my email of 2009-03-13 "coding
style change proposal: switch exception" in the internals list.

> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/Coding_Style
>
> Each change proposal needs to have an implementation.
>
> How do you suggest we enforce this change? Do we inspect and
> change the old code? Do we apply the rule in new code only?

I think it is sufficient for new code. Whenever the signature of a
function is touched, it should be updated to the new style.

Regards
Ingo
--
Ingo Strüwing, Database Group
Geschäftsführer: Thomas Schröder, Wolfgang Engels, Dr. Roland Bömer
      • Re: coding style change proposal: function parameter names inheadersSergei Golubchik17 Mar
  • [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersKonstantin Osipov17 Mar
    • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersIngo Strüwing17 Mar
    • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersMats Kindahl18 Mar
      • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersKonstantin Osipov18 Mar
        • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersMARK CALLAGHAN18 Mar
      • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersIngo Strüwing18 Mar
        • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersMats Kindahl18 Mar
          • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersReggie Burnett23 Mar
        • Re: [style] change proposal: function parameter names in headersMichael Widenius8 Apr