List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Patrick Lau Date:March 17 2009 1:29pm
Subject:Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem check
View as plain text
Yes, I tested our code using one connection, running the same query
several times.

The flag I set up is at the end of join::delete. Then at this point
our cleanup procedures are executed.

We built an extension to mysql for stream processing. So at the moment
only I can provoke this result.

Thanks,
Patrick

On Tue, Mar 17, 2009 at 1:50 PM, Stewart Smith <stewart@stripped> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:59:53PM +0100, Patrick Lau wrote:
>> Unfortunately there is a memory leak in our code. Running the same
>> query several times increases the memory consumption of mysqld: in
>> Megabytes (9, 23, 90, 90, 90 ...)
>
> Is this across queries in the same connection?
>
> MySQL uses several memory pools for a connection, it is possible that
> memory is being allocated to the wrong one, and being cleaned up at end
> of statement/txn/connection when it could be being cleaned up elsewhere.
> i.e. a valgrind run is clean, but you notice the leak at runtime.
>
> so:
> - how are you noticing the leak?
> - what are you doing to provoke it?
>
> --
> Stewart Smith

Thread
Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkPatrick Lau16 Mar
  • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkKristian Nielsen16 Mar
  • RE: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkIvan Novick16 Mar
    • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkPatrick Lau16 Mar
      • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkKristian Nielsen16 Mar
        • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkPatrick Lau17 Mar
          • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkJocelyn Fournier17 Mar
          • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkKristian Nielsen17 Mar
  • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkStewart Smith17 Mar
    • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkPatrick Lau17 Mar