List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:March 17 2009 12:50pm
Subject:Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem check
View as plain text
On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 11:59:53PM +0100, Patrick Lau wrote:
> Unfortunately there is a memory leak in our code. Running the same
> query several times increases the memory consumption of mysqld: in
> Megabytes (9, 23, 90, 90, 90 ...)

Is this across queries in the same connection?

MySQL uses several memory pools for a connection, it is possible that
memory is being allocated to the wrong one, and being cleaned up at end
of statement/txn/connection when it could be being cleaned up elsewhere.
i.e. a valgrind run is clean, but you notice the leak at runtime.

so:
- how are you noticing the leak?
- what are you doing to provoke it?

--