List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Kristian Nielsen Date:March 17 2009 6:50am
Subject:Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem check
View as plain text
Patrick Lau <patro02@stripped> writes:

> But my mysqld is built with the config option --without-query-cache...
>
> Is it really the query cache or can it also be our own stuff allocated
> with my_malloc?

Sorry I meant _key cache_ of course. As seen in this call on the stack trace:

>>> ==13045==    by 0x820BC12: _ZL16create_key_cachePKcj
> (set_var.cc:3586)

Generally, for each leak (or non-leak in the case of "still reachable"),
Valgrind will show the stack trace of where the memory was allocated, which
should help you determine if and how it is related to your code.

Also, I would suggest running your query several times, and only look at the
Valgrind reports from VALGRIND_DO_LEAK_CHECK starting after a few queries have
been run, to get one-time initialisations like this one to settle down.

 - Kristian.
Thread
Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkPatrick Lau16 Mar
  • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkKristian Nielsen16 Mar
  • RE: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkIvan Novick16 Mar
    • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkPatrick Lau16 Mar
      • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkKristian Nielsen16 Mar
        • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkPatrick Lau17 Mar
          • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkJocelyn Fournier17 Mar
          • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkKristian Nielsen17 Mar
  • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkStewart Smith17 Mar
    • Re: Valgrind, MySQL - a single query mem checkPatrick Lau17 Mar