List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Philip A. Prindeville Date:March 8 2009 10:46pm
Subject:Re: Cross-compilation, autoconf, etc.
View as plain text
Philip A. Prindeville wrote:
> Amit K. Saha wrote:
>
>> Hello!
>>
>> Philip A. Prindeville wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else working on trying to get mysql to cross-compile?  I saw a
>>> few sparse postings about this.
>>>
>> Not sure if this would help, but still:
>> http://forge.mysql.com/wiki/LinuxCrossCompilation
>>

> Hi.
>
> Yup.  That was one of the references I checked out.  Tried to pass in:
>
> 	ac_cv_c_stack_direction=-1 \
> 	./configure ...
>
> as one of the environment variables to "configure", but it seems that the
> subdirectory configures don't inherit any information from the top-level configure.
>
> Of course, given that stack growth direction is hard-wired into most processors (only
> exception that comes to mind is the MIPS), I'm not sure why this parameter isn't simply
> inferred from the processor type.
>
> -Philip

So is there another mailing list where build and portability issues are
discussed?  Am I asking in the wrong place?

-Philip

Thread
Cross-compilation, autoconf, etc.Philip A. Prindeville5 Mar
  • Re: Cross-compilation, autoconf, etc.Amit K. Saha5 Mar
    • Re: Cross-compilation, autoconf, etc.Philip A. Prindeville5 Mar
      • Re: Cross-compilation, autoconf, etc.Philip A. Prindeville8 Mar
Re: Cross-compilation, autoconf, etc.Amit K. Saha16 Mar