List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 8 2009 1:28pm
Subject:Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow up
View as plain text
Hi!

Roy> Kostja,
Roy> thanks for bringing this up!

Roy> I can raise a few issues:

Roy> 1. switch style should be more specific. (I saw 4 different styles on a
Roy> brief scan of sql_select.cc).

THere is only one style. However it's not enforced.

In the 'perfect' world we could have a script that fixes the style on
or before commit to get rid of this problem.

We have an old script, but it only works to 95 %;  Not good enough to
be truested for automatic fixing...

Roy> 2. "space" advice for bitwise operators missing.

Agree

Roy> 3. How does class JOIN fit into the coding rules?

Can you explain ?

Roy> 4. How do we handle "modern" C++ (templates, namespaces, exceptions,...)

Don't use them in the server code :)
(Especially templates and exceptions)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upRoy Lyseng5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upRoy Lyseng8 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius9 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes9 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius11 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes11 Mar
                • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius18 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upStewart Smith17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upIngo Strüwing5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upIngo Strüwing5 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
                • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes8 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upSergey Petrunia5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upDavi Arnaut5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upDavi Arnaut5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJonas Oreland5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJonas Oreland5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upshlomo.swidler5 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Izioumtchenko5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Izioumtchenko5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upStewart Smith17 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius6 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov6 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN6 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar