List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:March 6 2009 8:02pm
Subject:Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow up
View as plain text
* Michael Widenius <monty@stripped> [09/03/06 19:22]:

> Konstantin> I agree. How would you, however, enforce a single style in a
> Konstantin> distributed organization without a single leader, like ours?
> I am still working on the MySQL code base and at least I will enforce
> the current coding style on the MySQL-Maria distribution.
> I don't see
> why the MySQL group at Sun should not be able to do the same on their
> code base.

Because not everybody agrees with the current coding style,
and some roles and responsibilities are now missing.

> Konstantin> In the proposal, I suggest that a single module always follows a
> Konstantin> single style. sql/ is mainly runtime and the optimizer. I
> Konstantin> certainly hope that we will be able to follow a single style.
> Having different coding styles per team is not something that would
> work in the long term; This is especially confusing when team moves to
> do different things in other parts of the server.  It's also hard for
> anyone who wants to contribute code to the MySQL project.

I agree. It seems that all server tech leads also accept that we
need a single style now, especially after this thread.

MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upRoy Lyseng5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upRoy Lyseng8 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius9 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes9 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius11 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes11 Mar
                • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius18 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upStewart Smith17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upIngo Strüwing5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upIngo Strüwing5 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
                • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes8 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upSergey Petrunia5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upDavi Arnaut5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upDavi Arnaut5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJonas Oreland5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJonas Oreland5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upshlomo.swidler5 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Izioumtchenko5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Izioumtchenko5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upStewart Smith17 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius6 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov6 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN6 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar