List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Konstantin Osipov Date:March 5 2009 7:18pm
Subject:Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow up
View as plain text
* Davi Arnaut <Davi.Arnaut@stripped> [09/03/05 20:35]:
> This is something that reviewers should be looking at. Patches shouldn't
> be approved if they don't follow the coding style.

Yes, I agree, I think all agree about that. Does the fact that
we can enforce a coding style by code reviews mean that we don't
need to change and improve what we have? That's what I'm
trying to draw attention to.

And since you brought up the subject, here's just a recent example
that got in (you probably recognize the author and the reviewer):

 bool
-Silence_deprecated_warning::
-handle_error(THD *thd, MYSQL_ERROR::enum_warning_level level,
-             uint sql_errno, const char *message)
+Silence_deprecated_warning::handle_condition(
+  THD *,
+  uint sql_errno,
+  const char*,
+  MYSQL_ERROR::enum_warning_level level,
+  const char*,
+  MYSQL_ERROR ** cond_hdl)
 {
+  *cond_hdl= NULL;

MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upRoy Lyseng5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upRoy Lyseng8 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius9 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes9 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius11 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes11 Mar
                • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius18 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upStewart Smith17 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upIngo Strüwing5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upIngo Strüwing5 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
                • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJay Pipes8 Mar
            • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
              • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upSergey Petrunia5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upDavi Arnaut5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upDavi Arnaut5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJonas Oreland5 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upJonas Oreland5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upshlomo.swidler5 Mar
          • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Izioumtchenko5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Izioumtchenko5 Mar
        • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upStewart Smith17 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar
Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN5 Mar
  • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius6 Mar
    • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upKonstantin Osipov6 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMARK CALLAGHAN6 Mar
      • Re: MySQL University Session: Good Coding Style follow upMichael Widenius8 Mar