List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrej van der Zee Date:March 5 2009 2:23pm
Subject:remote binary bulk inserts from background thread in MySQL server
View as plain text
Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to efficiently bulk-insert binary
rows in a remote MySQL server. In my setup, currently I collect
low-level resource data for each MySQL query. I modified the
server-code to read hardware counters and write the results in
(binary) bulk inserts into tables in the same database server. This is
done in a background thread. But, now I would like to  write the
binary data to a remote MySQL server as efficient as possible, i.e.
without (de)serializing the binary data to strings before it goes over
the wire. To make a long story short, is it possible to do binary bulk
inserts to a remote MySQL server from within a background thread in a
MySQL server? How could I do this?

Thank you,
Andre

--